Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Infinite Music : George Young





1.Give us a little bit of background on you as an artist...

I was born in Miami and was raised there as well. I come from a very diverse background. I started playing music at a real young age, my father was a salsa musician so I guess you can say it started there. From there I went on to train classically on a few instruments including the piano,flute,oboe,and baritone/tuba/bass guitar till I was about 15. Then got really into break dancing,hip hop, and dj'ing. Had a band or two along the way.From bboying I got into Drum and Bass and Jungle because I recognized those funky breaks sped up and instantly fell in love..then progressed into hip hop and bass influenced music so the influences for my music and style come from "Infinite" sources.


2.Where did you play your first set?

This is almost a trick question because I started playing on turntables when I was about 14 with my boy Zak (RIP) so we did have those little school showcases and house parties but I guess my first bigger gig would be the most memorable in my life so far:
Another very good and a big influence on me (Nick Bernadakis) passed away a few years ago and my boy and Nicks best friend Dublex put together this awesome party and we all threw in some money on it and we got Jeru the Damaja who was Nicks favorite Emcee and he also got the whos who of the electronic music scene in south Florida at the time.
The party was at Exit night in Hollywood, Fl. By 11pm the place was packed and the line was out the door down the street. Not only was it my first major drum and bass gig but also I also played a few of my own songs for the very first time and they went off! I mean even my best friends wife came 8 months pregnant to see the show, it was beyond amazing and one of the greatest nights of my life. RIP NICK B!!!
My first major residency was Friday nights Drum and Bass at the Laundry Bar on South Beach. Those nights will go down in history as well..

3.Give us an idea of your typical set…

A typical GYtheINFINITE set is filled with original rhythms,dope rhymes and high energy. I am very in tune with the crowd and I vibe strictly off them and the bass lines. TBH I will do anything to get the crowd hype. I guess that's why they love me =).
Nowadays I am doing a dj/live set. I really like to interact with the crowd so I am slowly making my way to the front of the stage. I love the energy! I would do the laptop thing but I just aint feeling that so I am hoping to have a whole live band in the next few years to do my beats while I get down on the m-i-c and sequencers!

4.What are your upcoming plans?

Right now I am just trying to get heard and doing as many songs, beats, and remixes as I can. I have a few LPs dropping so I am going to continue doing 4 song releases as often as possible and try to touch down on as many avenues as I can.
In February I am planning an east coast tour (the Independent Party tour) and will make my way from Miami up to Maine.
Then come back for the Winter Music Confrence in Miami in March. In April I will head west ward.
( I am looking to play drum and bass, dubstep,house, or hiphop or if i can mash it all together that's even better!)The label will be rolling in 2011 as well.

5.Tell us a little about Digital Felon.

I started Digital Felon in 2002 with a friend. We were just a bboy/music/hustle crew. From there it went on to become a plat form for some of the great up and coming producers and djs in our area including the likes of Somejerk, Mc Sopheye,Mainframe,Methodus,3 Eyes,Uk Mantra,The Reazin and a few others to do shows, give and get feed back for tunes and so forth. As 2011 comes near we have a big year planned for DF. Our fans will finally begin to see some big releases from your Digital Felon camp. We are also in the process of putting together some really great music productions.
We have been very blessed to have such an awesome hard core group of friends and fans and every day the numbers continue to grow. I think the next few years are going to be big for us beat makers =) I want to thank every one for they're continued support!

more @ georgeyoungtheinfinite.com

"2 Pennies and a Bass Line" drops 12/3/2010 on Digital Felon
"Infinite EP" Drops 11/26/2010 on Kill Inc Records.

http://www.wrekedrecords.com/releases/release.php?id=0


Free Infinite Musik Music Sampler here:


Infinite Musik Music Sampler by Transonper Key To Bass

1 comment: