Sunday, October 30, 2011

rrppp ri riri ROB RIGGS!!!


                      Scratch Dj's own Rob Riggs here to share a little mix and insight.


(((SHAKE))) Essentials Mix - 3yr Anniversary Edition by DJ Rob Riggs


1.Give us a little bit of background on you as an artist..Ive been DJing for over 10 years now. Grew up in a mix between California and Florida, so I have love for the west and the east pretty equally

2.Where did you play your first set?..I didnt' start DJing til I moved to Florida. Cant really remember my FIRST gig, it was probably a house party for a friend when I was still 15 or 16 years old.

3.Give us an idea of your typical set..As far as a 'typical' set for me, there really isnt one these days. I play so many different types of venues and crowds, you might catch me playing some hip hop gems like this particular mix one night, then you'll see me playing weird cosmic-funk songs the next, and who knows maybe even electro or party rap the next. I try to throw in those 'risky' records no matter where I am, just to entertain myself if anything.

4.What are your upcoming plans?... My most immediate DJ plans: In a few weeks I'll be leaving the country for a 20 day tour through the Caribbean, hitting up Jamaica, Mexico, Belize, amongst other locations

5.Tell us a little about scratch academy ..Scratch DJ Academy has been around since 2002 and was founded by the late and great Jam Master Jay. I started teaching in 2006 and I still have regular classes I instruct every semester. Those who know me know I hold down the Sunday classes most regularly, come get ya DJ skills up!




                                      http://www.scratch.com/courses-2/miami

No comments:

Post a Comment